User Submission Guidelines
What is and isn't acceptable?
Please keep your submissions relevant to the topic and be civil.
- Racist, sexist and offensive language;
- Hate speech;
- Sexually explicit content;
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements;
- Breaking copyright rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution);
- Violating someone's privacy, e.g. by providing personal information such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses;
- Threats or harassment;
- Insensitive comments;
- Posting press releases and commercial promotions; and
- Anything illegal.
How are comments moderated?
The CRTC reads comments to make sure they adhere to the User Submission Guidelines. The CRTC does not edit comments (unless otherwise stated), however comments that appear to be in breach of our User Submission Guidelines may be deleted. Comments posted that violate Canadian law may be deleted or disclosed to law enforcement authorities. The CRTC does not endorse any of the views in the comments that are posted.
What if I see a comment I don't like?
If you disagree with a comment, you are welcome to respond. If you feel someone has violated the User Submission Guidelines, click on the Report link and indicate the problem.
- Date modified: